Friday, July 11, 2008

Vote For Lamman!

I've known of Lamman Rucker for some years now - LONG before the Tyler Perry movies! I'm talkin about As The World Turns, All of My Children, Half & Half, BET Lets Talk, Law & Order, etc...LONG before Tyler Perry! It also helps that Im cool w/ his roommate, Poncho Hodges (please see last post)! The mere fact that the man knows I exsists lights my world...LOL! ANYWAY- he is featured in Essence's - Do Right Men section! Go check him out and VOTE for him! STOP DROOLIN Hos! LOL www.essence.com/essence/dorightmen

www.myspace.com/welovelammanrucker - www.myspace.com/lammanrucker



LAMMAN RUCKER, early 30's

HOME BASE: New York City

PROFESSION:Actor/Educator/Activist

DOING RIGHT: When he’s not burning up the silver screen in Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns or starring on stage in the Negro Ensemble Company’s drama WEBEIME, this Pittsburgh-born thespian speaks nationwide about the importance of HIV/AIDS awareness with BET’s Rap-It-Up Campaign. Since 1998 the organization has provided testing initiatives, speaking forums and school events reaching millions across the country. “There is a staggering number of people in our community who we are losing to this disease,” says Rucker. “I believe that a big part of being an artist is social responsibility and activism.”

WHY HE LOVES BLACK WOMEN:“Their resilience. Black women have such a tough spirit about them.”

ROMANTIC MOVE: “I knew my lady [at the time] had a stressful day and was feeling really tense. She came home and I didn’t let her touch anything or do anything. I cooked her dinner, rubbed her feet and prepared the bathroom, and made sure it smelled nice before we took a shower together.”

HERO:Paul Robeson.

HOBBIES:Playing pool and board games, debating, and studying and practicing Capoiera (a Brazilian mix of martial arts and dance).

MOTTO: “To whom much is given, much is required.”

E-MAIL LAMMAN: dorightlamman@essence.com

www.essence.com/essence/dorightmen
Michael Jai White, Poncho Hodges and Lamman at Why Did I Get Married Movie Release



Check out the poll results on Essence - rather sad, aye? LOL

Are you still searching for your Do Right Man?
Yes, I am still looking 90.2%
No, I've found him 9.7%

No comments: